Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Love and Fear

A sparrow whispered two yinyang words to me: love and fear. The basic human condition - why we do things - love, and why we do other things - fear. The emotional foundations of actions and in-actions. We go to work because we fear putting food on the table. We go to work because we love our job. One is not better than the other, just different, and we grow from both. But given a choice love is soooooo much more prettier - yes, I'm biased. Love opens so many doors that you can spread your wings and fly much farther. Fear can leave us trapped in a bottle.
 
Last year I dropped my fears and followed my heart. It was the best year of my life. It inspired me in so many ways - this blog is just a small branch. If there is one bit of wisdom I can share it is this. Stop. Listen to your heart. Then leap. You will be scared bejeesus but you will be blown away by the enriching experience. You don't have to climb Mt Everest. It could be opening your front door, walking down your street, then go left inside of right like you normally do. Then keep walking.

Centuries ago, the weary traveller enters a small hamlet. The locals open their doors, feed her/him gruel and grog, and offer a place by the fire. This is fearless humanity - open doors, sharing hearths/hearts.

Love is expansive and balances fearful contractions. Fear can be good and fear can motivate. But embrace love - your heart will thank-you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment